Padre Associates Inc. is an environmental consulting firm based out of Ventura, California with additional offices in Bakersfield, Sacramento, and San Luis Obispo (SLO).
Padre’s Bakersfield office is currently accepting applications for multiple temporary/part-time positions available for the 2023 field season. The field season typically ranges from mid-April to mid-September but could go longer if the employee has the availability.
General Description of Position
Under the direct supervision of experienced full-time staff, the biological technicians will participate in field surveys for existing clients that fall within the technician’s capabilities. Most surveys will include protocol-blunt-nosed leopard lizard, botanicals (depending upon experience), assisting with San Joaquin kit fox surveys/camera trapping and other general biological surveys.
Duties of Position
- The positions are based out of the Bakersfield, CA., office, but could be anywhere in the Kern, Fresno, Monterey, or San Luis Obispo Counties.
- Must be able to hike long distances in hot and adverse weather conditions.
- Workdays will typically be an 8-hour day but could be longer. Padre offers no guarantee of hours. Expectation 20-40 hours/week. Days usually start early, around sunrise, and may include nightwork. Must be available Monday through Friday and occasionally on weekends.
- Field attire will be required on all surveys. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required on most surveys: FR clothing, safety vests, hardhats, safety glasses, snake gaiters, H2S monitor, and steel-toed boots. Required PPE will either be provided or reimbursed.
- Potential hazards include, but not limited to, rattlesnakes, tripping hazards, oilfield activities, high temperatures, insects, fencing, and uneven terrain.
- There is potentially an unpaid ~30-day break during the survey period from July 16th to August 14th, if there is a need for additional work, the additional work may be offered to the technicians, depending upon qualifications.
- Padre vehicles may be provided to travel to and from the job site and/or mileage may be reimbursed.
- A degree or seeking a degree in biology or environmental program.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and provide a DMV print out of driving record (online record ok);
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the Bakersfield office;
- Must be at least 18 years old at time of employment;
- Employment is conditional on successfully passing a required drug screening;
- Position is subject to a background check.
- $18.00 to $22.00/hour (depending on experience)