Is it a wetland?
Padre provides a complete array of wetland regulatory services for our clients. Padre staff is thoroughly versed in regulatory processes associated with obtaining permits from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Corps) under Section 404 of the Clean Water Act and Section 10 of the River and Harbor Act of 1899. Padre scientists routinely:
- Conduct jurisdictional delineations of waters and wetlands regulated by the Corps;
- Coordinate pre-application meetings and field inspections with multiple agencies;
- Prepare permit application packages (including environmental assessments, functions and values analyses, mitigation plans, revegetation plans, 404[b] water quality analyses);
- Prepare Section 401 Water Quality Certification/Waste Discharge Requirement permit applications for submittal to the Regional Water Quality Control Board;
- Prepare Streambed Alteration Agreement applications to the California Department of Fish and Game, both of which are required prior to permit issuance by the Corps; and
- Represent clients during agency meetings and negotiations.